View Single Post
Old 21-10-2019, 01:38 PM
Master

Hi Sunset Dragon,

I used to suffer from similar, though less severe symptoms. Sometimes, I still do, especially before travelling or any other stressful situation, that takes me out of my comfort zone. It isn't always psychosomatic either, for instance, it can be triggered by eating dairy or other types of heavy, rich food.

I think you need to take a comprehensive approach. First, you should pay attention to your diet, note what you eat when you have an episode and experiment with eliminating that particular food group from your diet. Dairy and wheat are often the main culprits, followed by artificial sweeteners, coffee and other types of grains and legumes (including tomatoes, beans, lentils, etc...). These are all inflammatory and can trigger IBS, or at the very least make it worse.

Then, the psychological approach is the tricky one. Anxiety isn't easy to deal with, but daily meditation should help. Try to meditate for an hour a day if you can, or do Yoga Nidra (which is a halfway stage between conscious sleep and meditation).