View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 11:30 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It amazes me that people believe Jesus was an enlightened man rather than God incarnate. All one really need to do is establish a relationship with Him and you soon realise that He is very, very powerful and loving. His grace and holy spirit are far greater than any enlightened man could ever be.

2000 years of Christian first hand experience of His grace has shown that He is greater than a man. It is only those who have never tasted His love that believe Him to be an enlightened man.

Just think of all those billions of people who have worshipped Him over the years. There are hardly any who suddenly say "wait, Jesus is not God. He is only a man!" Experience of Him is the point here. Once you have tasted Him you KNOW.

Yes. I agree. The Bible states that no one can say Jesus is LORD except by the Holy Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit, it's impossible to say Jesus is God because our limited human senses cannot fathom anything Divine.

Now, this goes to show that without the help of the Creators Spirit, we cannot identify the Creator. With our physical and spiritual senses, we can say this is God and that Is not, and our delusions continue ad infinitum. We are how Christs own disciples say all sorts of things about Him, but Peter being divinely influenced says who Jesus really is.

But ego... ego tells us all sorts of lies!