View Single Post
Old 17-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac195
If you don’t mind me asking, how did you come to this conclusion after having black and white thinking? I grew up in a religious home and now I’m more spiritual than religious. After so much confusion and pain, I’m starting to think that I’m causing my own pain by believing in things like this...

I think it just goes back to needing to do what's right for you. By black and white thinking, what I mean is, when I was little, I used to think that those who were Christian were "right" with their beliefs, while those who aren't are "wrong". (Not bad people mind you - just in the "wrong" belief system.) Growing up I went to church with my family. I still attend church, but my thinking and beliefs are more broad.

These days, I don't think there's necessarily a right and wrong. For me it's hard to pinpoint the "right" religion or belief into one denomination. I think it's more broad than that, and more comes in to play. I get more peace from gray thinking versus black and white, but again that doesn't mean that I'm right, it's just my beliefs and thoughts. My experience with my TF is partially what brought me into being more gray - although it started way before all that came along.

If where you are at now with your beliefs isn't serving you or doesn't make sense, think about why that is and look into other possibilities or options that do make sense to you. Your beliefs and perspective are totally yours. Do what works for you. Love and light!