Thread: cigarettes
View Single Post
Old 14-12-2018, 03:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartock
I am struggling with quitting. Smoking has been a crutch for me. Started during a time of dissatisfaction with my life. I used to smoke weed, and they all told me u will end up a smoker. Truth is I only starting smoking tobacco because I couldnt get my hands on any weed. Now I have a smoking habit.

I don't feel I will be able to quit now, because I am missing one important thing. Truly wanting to quit. I like the idea of quiting, and know I should. But at the moment I don't really want to. I like having it as a crutch.

Does it interfere with spirituality in any way?
The same thing happened to me, exactly!

I have cut down a lot and smoke about 2 packs a week, but it's something I cannot give up totally and I cannot do NRT.

What is helpful for me...A bit...is to have a glass of water and sip it through a straw every time I feel like a cigarette..but then, there are those times I will just say "screw it" and have a smoke anyway.

At the moment, I am trying some apps like Habit Bull to see if they work, but I agree that an idle mind is part of my problem and it needs to be constantly distracted, so upping my meditation regime can only help in that regard.