View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 07:34 PM
Ascender

Hello all.

There being no replies--as yet, perhaps--I would like to add something which inadvertently ties in with a phrase used in the opening post.

"Our own part".

The perception of the interconnection of all which is in the manner described has--I think--a very empowering component. It means that without even trying and inevitably, we each,and all which is, make a difference. To be sure we cannot necessarily know the outcome of our part, but simply to know that we each inevitably play a part is a powerful realisation which can have a number of beneficial consequences for our well being both personal and social. It means we are not pointless, irrelevant, valueless, but are each significant without even trying. Bearing in mind that much of peoples life energy is directed toward being seen as significant, and that much of apparent significance is gained by means of treading on others, then a perspective which offers the necessary sense of personal significance/value simply as a consequence of simply being seems to offer much.

It has to be said that this perspective does not guarantee that all we do will be guided by considerations of commonality, but I think it reasonable to suggest that the chances of that consideration being a much more considered component in decision making is likely to be higher than is currently the case. The perspective offers the prospect of general interest and need coalescing with personal interest and need--Imo.

petex