View Single Post
Old 16-04-2017, 09:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean
Hi everyone,

I had this experience today and I was wonering if anyone could help me...

Today I connected with a tree, and before I knew it it was making me realise that I am going through my life searching for a father, because I feel like I don't have one. I am searching for that love and support everywhere. I cant even explain how the tree made me see all this, but then i was seized with a fear of abandonment. I was terrified that the tree didnt like me and wanted to leave me (I know that sounds ridiculous) :lol:

Anyway, I'm not really sure what happened. I was holding the tree and it felt like we were breathing in unision. I felt very connected to it. Did nature bring up this deep-seeded fear I have so that I could start to heal it? Or did the tree want me to go away?! Or was I picking up on some of its attricbutes (male / father figure, unhappy?)

Has your time in nature helped you to heal emotional wounds? How do you differentiate between what's yours, and what is the trees? (Im an empath so this is something I struggle with all the time with people).

ocean - What you wrote here really touched me. I think trees are so majestic and stand tall growing along side us all for years and years, getting just that much bigger and stronger. I feel at peace when standing next to a tree of any kind. It makes perfect sense to me that a tree can have the effect of taking on the image of one that you can count on. Fatherly? For sure. It's dependable and always there in the same spot for one to rest against when weary and look up to. I see the 'tree' as being quite symbolic of a parent figure. That's not to say that a tree can replace a male father figure in your life, but being in the presence of one can help one experience some form of inner healing if what you describe happens when near a tree.

Nature has helped me heal a great deal. I used to live in a really congested neighborhood and had awful experiences with neighbors. So much so, I started staying inside the house all the time and not enjoying the outdoors in my yard. I'll spare you the details. Anyway, I was fortunate to move to a house on a bigger slice of property with tons of trees everywhere around the house and animals of every kind appearing daily. At first, I was shell-shocked and didn't notice all that lied outside my window. Eventually that person went away and a new, renewed person emerged from within me all due to having nature surrounding me. It's healing properties are priceless. I wish everyone on the planet could experience this.

Thanks for sharing your very touching experience.