Thread: The Truth Trap.
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2017, 06:17 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
You may never know what may be hidden from you that contradicts what you believe to be true. (See the parable of the highwayman by Soren Kierkegaarde).Trancending the idea that truth can be known is the only way out of this trap. The mind is then free to resonate with solutions it may find to the problems the organism gives it to solve, including the spiritual search, without the burden of the impossible task of first having to establish whether a solution is true

Belief is a cage. Belief is seeking to attain a permanent sentiment of truth, thus seeking safety, seeking 'a home' which necessarily is in continuous conflict with doubt since in actuality there isn't any truth.
Once one has identified through introspection this factor of mind which subjectively projects truth onto where objectively no truth can be found one grasps what it means when it is said that "all phenomena are empty of inherent existence and thus empty of truth".

Now that what I have expressed, is that true? No, since no truth can be found in the object of mind expressed although when not being able to perceive its emptiness this factor of mind may again project truth onto this object so that it may appear as 'false truth' so to say. What I have expressed is an experience based on rational analysis and corresponding analytical meditation ... believe it or not

Of course the rational method I mentioned to cut through all 'truth entanglements' and to pacify the innate truth habits isn't applicable for all individuals because logic and rationality do not resonate with all individuals equally.