View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 11:16 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by oookiritokunooo
Just out of complete and plain curiosity is anyone else here on this site believe in all gods and respect every religion or am I just weird? Feel free to add why you believe or don't believe in Omism as well. :)

I personally don't care if someone believes in one God or all of them. Most Indians for example believe in many different gods and worship many different gods. What's more important in my opinion is whether your beliefs help you to live in a more harmonious, wise and compassionate way or not. Our actions are what counts ... how we live our day-to-day lives, and not what anyone believes.
The only area where I think i's not very practical to believe in everyone and everything is spiritual practice ... if you are interested in some kind of spiritual discipline. Different teachers/religions/gods give different instructions and advice about how and what to practice ... sometimes advice that contradicts each other ... you can respect all the teachings but for practical purposes you cannot follow them all at the same time I guess ... you have to make some choices :)
Om shanti!