View Single Post
Old 18-03-2018, 02:17 PM
Master

Interesting subject. Well I don't have family anymore. It was a dysfunctional family at its best. There was a lot of abuse in childhood so when I was grown I chose to separate myself from the lot. I haven't attended a family get together in 40 years.

No pity party here, I made my bed so I have to lie in it. Most of the older family members have died off and the younger generations weren't raised together so there is no more family unit.

For awhile I followed some on social media but I've been out of the family drama for so many years I just didn't feel comfortable re-exposing myself to it again so I signed out and never went back.

I do have friends but they are casual friends. I haven't had a close friend in so many years I can't remember the last one.

I have my husband that I am close to, but he has a life outside our relationship and I don't hold him back.

Am I lonely? I'd have to say not often. I like being alone most of the time, and if I really wanted to get out more I would, but mostly I don't because I've learned to like myself and my alone time.