Thread: The Whole
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2018, 07:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
The 'peace' that comes from 'knowledge' and 'acceptance' of what(ever) Is!

As 'martial' and 'marital' artists both well know, such 'knowledge' and 'acceptance' allows for (enables?) one to 'appreciate' and creatively 'utilize' what(ever) Is in 'positive' ways, instead of 'clashing' or 'warring' with it in 'negative' ones. Reprising a relevant (in this regard) passage from my book:
Then, because no longer preoccupied with dreams of idealization-fantasy fulfillment and schemes aimed at attaining the same, they begin to be open to truly savoring and appreciating actualities and possibilities that are inherent in, and so embrace and act to creatively enhance, their and others present condition and circumstance, whatever this happens to be. As a result of becoming disillusioned regarding the possibility of actualizing and enjoying what, because of comparison-based sensation and logic, they previously mentally and emotionally fixated on as ‘ideal’, by default as it were, without specifically intending to, they organically rediscover and reexperience the beauty and bounteousness of Life as is.

In due course, such rediscovery and reexperience sparks a conversion in one’s outlook and mode of operation. Because one then experientially knows disappointment and dissatisfaction to be idealization-associated blights, one becomes more wary of and less likely to be lured by fantasy-based temptations and, if and when one gets ‘snared’ by them, more quickly frees oneself from such entanglement by re*establishing wholesome relationship with what is in truth. Gradually, more and more often, and each time more fully, recognizing the bounteousness of experience and ongoing opportunity for discovery, development and joyful expression afforded by Life as It is to be a phenomenal boon, one proceeds with an attitude of greater and greater appreciation and consequently love. As the quest for ‘more’ desire-satisfaction then becomes superfluous, one increasingly enjoys and, so, more and more ‘naturally’ acts to enhance developments in Life’s garden, whatever one’s situation and whoever one may be with. Such progression ‘naturally’ culminates in one’s actualizing totally positive modality and flourishing in complete psychospiritual communion with Life processes one is part and parcel of, as all one’s ‘giving’ and ‘receiving’ becomes geared to this.
The 'dove' is 'love', and 'love' induces a feeling (attitude?) of 'peace-full-ness', aye what?

Am delighted that you 'groove' with the kind of stuff that I 'groove' with, and vice versa, Joe. I find dancing (together) with one such as you very meaning-full.

P.S. "Peace-full-ness" without 'love' and 'love-full-ness' without 'understanding' and 'appreciation' are just 'put on' 'dresses'; that is, they are would-like-to-be or wish-to-appear-to-be 'charades', which of course may be emotionally 'compelled' behaviors (i.e. not really 'elective'). Hence M. Scott Peck's observation that:
"Many so-called religious people are essentially Stage II people, in the sense that they have blind faith in God, and do not question His existence. With blind faith comes humility and a willingness to obey and serve. The majority of good, law-abiding citizens never move out of Stage II." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._Scott_Peck
A relevant meme in this regard: https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c4&oe=5AEB769C

The Peace that Passeth all Understanding What might that mean to you ?

" I've got a Peaceful Easy Feeling and you know I know you won't let me down because I'm already standing on the ground " The Eagles.

Poverty is an incredibly ugly thing to live in and be in what's good about it ?

Best regards, Joe.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge