View Single Post
Old 18-02-2018, 07:07 AM
Pathfinder

schizoaffective disorder and an addict. spirituality enabled me to gain lasting sobriety, so that's nice. the schizoaffective disorder isn't debilitating when I'm sober.

Spiritual development exacerbated my schizoaffective disorder before I got medicated. I began starving for "peak enlightenment experiences" and started thinking extremely highly of myself. But then I learned to be a bit more humble and the importance of seeking out omens and signs and planning intensively for a miracle that now I can admit probably won't come true became less. That is to say, I don't believe in the delusions as much.

I used to think that I was going to rule the earth as the son of satan and have magickal powers. Now I think that's not going to happen. I'll live a regular life.

Being forced to work on the addiction got me over the hump with my schizoaffective disorder. Addiction is extremely humbling.

Now, I justify that my years of life as an outlaw was a spiritual exploration of self versus society and of good and evil. But that might just be a justification for the crimes I committed to feed my addiction.

I note that in both addiction and mental health treatments, spirituality is a heavily emphasized growth area to pursue. There's literally people walking around cured by God. Amazing. I side with the devil still, though.