View Single Post
Old 21-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Newfreedom9

I agree psychoslice, I'll never refuse any prayer though. Prayer is a little bit like meditation and affirmation and I think it helps the person praying as much as the person they're praying for.

Seawolf, I totally agree that love conquers all. I still send love to anything I'm afraid of or angry at because it really is stronger then anything else. At first it was crazy hard to love and accept myself just as I am. I used to be awful about beating myself up. I mean about the smallest, stupidest things. Funny how understanding I was of everyone elses faults and still thought I had to be perfect! lol. Now I try to stay more detached, and learn how to improve things in my life, without judging my past choices. After all I'm not the same person I was yesterday.

Plus, I started using affirmations, and even wrote a few affirmation songs on my guitar about loving and accepting myself. And I feel so good singing it (the notes are beautiful too), although I felt a little silly at first. We all need encouragement though, so encouraging ourselves only makes sense.

By the way, I think you're amazing! Anyone who breaks free that way you did and starts carving their own path is freaking awesome.