Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old 21-11-2018, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thanks...yes, this is totally what I have been alluding to.

For those who do believe in God, He is much more than a "sky daddy" full of love and peace, yet we can also say that it is karma which makes such things happen, either for good or bad...but God is beyond any concept of duality that the human existence is susceptible and subject to.

Personally speaking, I always find that things go terribly awry if I try and exert any control over my own life...but I also admit that I am totally different to many, many people out there...and even though I "speak for myself", my teachings are taken directly from the Hindu Scriptures, but I don't give them any credit (when I should).

https://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/h_suffering.asp

However, I also realise that not everyone is a Hindu, so I can only speak from my tradition, culture and upbringing...If people want to disagree with that, fine... because they are entitled to do that, just as I am also fully entitled to say whatever I do and if the hat fits, wear it...If it does not, get another hat.. simple.

MWA HA HA HAAAA

My Skydaddy comment lives .. IT'S ALIVE

~

Seriously though - its all a paradox.

Think about it: you can learn lessons from hardship, become better thanks to an opposing viewpoint or foe, only appreciate something once it is lost ... etc .. etc

At the same time everyone is a miracle - we all beat so many odds to even exist, yet how many people have lived lives that essentially meant nothing?

~

The most complicated thing I witness is the whole "it worked for me, now it can work for you" concept.

The truth is that its all Jeet-kune-do.
A mixture of everything that sometimes works & sometimes doesn't.

Lots of people like to feel a sense of safety in the fact that something has been done for centuries, was passed down by wiser folks. Others feel trapped by the dogma/rules of others & wish to find their own way.

When its all said & done we are dealt a few cards - we might be able to switch a few & then we place our bets.

Things work out or fail - therefore you get a shot at changing your fate but there are built in caveats.

~

The only thing that is a certainty for now is that the world keeps turning.

Everyone is a mixture of sage & warrior but often times its a very specific skillset & disciplines specific to your own life that may not be considered admirable or coveted by others ... but all the time you are Conan the Barbarian in your own life.

Its definitely about finding a hat that fits, its also about a personal sword & shield, map & spell book - that keep you fighting for yourself against the odds.

If I'm a Paladin, your a Necromancer & someone else is a rogue - the stats that we have are vital to our character build, loading you up with my equipment doesn't necessarily make you able to use those tools & vice versa.

Its all just a big complicated stew & were all lucky to get out of life alive

(GN'R reference there)

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain