View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 01:24 PM
Pathfinder
It certainly is that the ''western'' hinduism brought a lot of nonsense, which today skillfully marketed, same as selling bread. This is probably a good description of most modern spirituality, not only Hinduism, where it is seems to be crucial to avoid any relevant topics, all the fundamental teachings...that goes against egoism, materialism and so on. I mean if we look modern Christianity, what would Jesus buy for Christmas? It's simply insane what is today presented under Christian umbrella. This is our Zeitgeist of today, the spirit of the times. Otherwise, Hinduism has brought enormous incredible insights, understanding of oneself...the only key reason why Christianity never blossomed in India was, that Jesus was ''nothing special'' there in terms of uniqueness. I mean, people will say there to you, if you say ''you saw Jesus,.'' fine, fine...my neighbor had experience with Vishnu, other will say, I have a cousin which is in contact with Ganesha, the waitress in a bar will tell you about her experience with Lakshmi, while someone on the street will talk about Kāli and so on. It is this acceptance of divine diversity in all shapes and forms and practices with which Western religions had lot of problems, and to this day you might hear people talk about Jesus in a intrusive way. Of course, some Hindus, BUddhist....can do the same thing. Even here in forum, if you pay attention, you will notice that people will always promote their own beliefs...same as I do..the difference is, of course, that some are aware that consideration and acceptance of different views and beliefs is crucial to view others with respect, dignity and equality. This intrusion of personal beliefs or the presentation of personal beliefs as a fundamental reality that everyone else must follow, come in all shapes and forms. We can take for an example militant atheism, how intrusive they are with ''you are a machine, nature is mechanical...'' and they will, like all blinded people of their own beliefs consider you as a heretic, fool, a lost soul...that need help to see the real truth.