View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowzie
I made a huge mistake in a relationship because I felt emotionally and physically starved. For the longest time, I felt like I deserved it too. I was so used to be told I wasn't enough, or not doing things to their standards...everything that went wrong according to them was my fault. But in actuality, they were numb emotionally, and moved on long before they ended the relationship. I felt used by the one person I loved the most. It makes a lot of sense as to why I made the mistake I did...I needed to feel love and appreciation from someone that saw me.

I realize that a lot of what it came down to was lack of self-love. I didn't feel like I could love myself if they didn't, because at the time, my world revolved around them. In retrospect, they didn't love themselves enough either.

Thank you for your insight.

Crow I'm so sorry for your past troubles and I'm glad what I shared has resonated or affirmed your own experience in some way.

You sound wise in the most universal sense, in that in speaking for yourself, I feel so many others can see themselves in your shoes. I'm glad you've found some clarity and perspective on this, and hopefully some peace.

I feel that it's taking time for women to realise, love, and accept themselves as they are within this very degrading cultural context we live in. And the same for men but in their case it's the dominance and predation roles imposed on them that are dehumanising, if all too addictive for many.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke