View Single Post
Old 18-08-2017, 04:43 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
You are obviously confused about me being confused so I'll try to explain my use of the word conflicted in the context of this thread and in using your own words here.
Taking the finger for the moon is confusion. Knowing the finger Is not the moon and yet feeling how what one knows about the finger conflicts with everything one holds dear is being honest with oneself. Choosing to stop staring at the moon is also being honest with oneself.
But it is exactly your staring at the finger that "conflicts with everything [you] hold dear".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
Choosing to stop staring at the moon is also being honest with oneself.
It's really that simple and I don't think most mistake the finger for the moon, I think most change the moon to what they want it to be and I get that.
The problem is that when you say 'moon' you don't know what you're talking about since you're staring at the finger exclusively.

The real issue is that you're not liberated from 'the world of the finger and the fingers' as long as you don't see liberation ('the moon') and that you even can't see or acknowledge that you are staring at the finger.
So yes, you are right: you should be honest with yourself and drop buddhism which just adds another finger to your world of fingers. Buddhism isn't appropriate for all kinds of individuals.

Do it! Drop buddhism once and for all!
Stop hanging around here.
There is definitely no benefit in wasting your time in a buddhist forum except if you derive benefit from lamenting