View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 04:54 AM
Ascender

The grounding affect of nature

The last 4 days have been huge for me. Every year I do a cash job working security at one of the biggest car shows in Australia and quite possibly the world. For between 12-16 hours/day I'm surrounded by drunks & V8's. When I finish working this gig I'm not really at my spiritual best but with a wife, 4 kids & a mortgage it helps keep the wolf from the door. Last night at 6.00pm I finally got signed off & cashed up. I drove home & my mind was whizzing around like the tyres on some of the cars I'd seen. I was about 1/2 way home driving through some bushland & saw the silver wattles in bloom. I decided to pull over for a while & have a look.
I jumped the fence & found a log to sit on & packed & lit a pipe & for 20 or 30 minutes I just sat there quietly observing the Kangaroos & the sheep grazing together. The rabbits nervously ducking in & out of their burrow. The silver wattles were in bloom as I sat in the shade of a gum. The crows sang their song & the magpies picked for worms & grubs.
Finally my pipe finished, I knocked the ash & dottle out on the stump I'd been sitting on & finished the drive home.
It was great to see everyone again after a few days & at least when they saw me I was mentally refreshed & relaxed, not like I was only a couple of hours previously.