View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 11:13 PM
Pathfinder
Hi everyone,

Thank you Crystal Ambassador for starting this thread! I havent read everything but so many of your experiences resonated with me...

I'm not a "shaman" but I have started working with plant medicines and have stepped into a guide role quite quickly. It felt very natural. My spirtual journey started very much as an explosion that I wasnt prepared for. I didnt have a choice, and there was no going back...

Rozie, I really wanted to comment directly on what you wrote about being self taught. I have had this experience completely. I dip in and out of teachers, but none last a very long time. Not because I think they're bad; but because my intuition tells me what I need to learn from them, and then I have to go my own way. I've basically learned most of what I teach in Yoga through simply practicing it and getting internal teachings on the mat. Same for breathing techniques and energy work. I learn bits interally, do research, get validated, put some pieces together, get taught more internally.

I'm learning about five elements Chinese medicine at the moment, and of course there's a huge body of knowledge that I'm dipping into.. But the instinct to dip in came very much as intuition, and I will also get the intuiition about when to stop researching and just practice it.

Thank you for writing what you did. I don't know my guides personally, but I'm constantly told that there are a considerable number around me. I resist asking them for help most of the time... not sure why! I feel like my relationship is mostly with the Source, and now with the spirits of the plants I work with. They have been some of my biggest teachers, but sometimes they just connect me to the Source directly. Or at least that's always how I interpreted it...