View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Master
If one doesn't put a label on themselves, somebody else will. There is no escaping it. What defines you is you - label or not.

I could call myself a 'shaman' and shut everything up or call myself 'nothing' and have myself forever asking "so, besides being consciousness, awareness, love and 'God in human form' what the hell am I?"

See, even putting the 'God' label on me through the whole association bit didn't work either. However, when I acknowledged myself as being a shaman, it was like a huge weight had been removed from my mind and soul.

A shaman doesn't have to be 'special' or 'enlightened' because everybody does have the ability really, it just requires special circumstances to forge it and bring it out.

In the end, it becomes a case of "I am what I am" even though what I am is a shaman. Now, whether people believe it, accept it, don't like it, think I am crazy etc is totally immaterial to me because, well and for the most part, they breathe and spirits do not.

Most people generally give me a wide berth, hate me, look upon me with disdain...until they need my help and then everything changes.

Eventually, I accepted the label and embraced it. If it limits me, I enjoy these limitations (sometimes), but other times, trust me...it's more of a curse than a blessing...or it's a blessing in the disguise of a curse...or whatever. lol

I also know that no other labels will stick to me for very long either and being a 'Hindu' stuck for a while 'a believer in God' stuck for a while...I blame my parents for giving me my 'name label' shortly after birth.

If I didn't have a name, nobody would know me, would they?

So, I will self-admit in the face of all adversity because it's my way and my path - and it's not an easy road to take.

So, if I make your eyes burn or the puke comes up into your mouth, I am sorry - I tend to give that reaction to most people except for a select few.