View Single Post
Old 26-06-2016, 04:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusionsay
I believe we have some choice. I.e. what we want to eat for lunch or, if we are going to go to work today etc.
To be clear here in cause I wasn't. You do have a choice, lots of choice, more than most can possibly realize. Choice however is only possibly relevant from the finite perspective. When one accesses their inner divinity they directly create their reality, not choose it (and then make it).

Quote:
I do wish to change something. Im not sure if that disqualifies me as a taoist, but it is just honesty.
I would say that it confirms you as one. It also says you have more that you can learn from the teachings.
Quote:
I wish to have a path. Something that I can get out of bed in the morning and enjoy doing...I accept my life as it is now. but this is I hope, only temporary. My personal true nature is to balance life by living(being) and doing.
I would not try to talk you out of your choice. It is a fine choice, it is your choice.

So for now you choose to be you and not you in equal proportions (balance).

I leave you this for consideration: without a path you can enjoy the whole day including the part where you are in bed. Joy does not increase or decrease depending on where you body is.
Quote:
But I am also accepting of this too as best I can. The whole problem is , what to choose. this Is why i have been doing nothing. in order to contemplate my true nature, and see what my path will be, if there is one. I cant help but fear there may not be one. I want to marry, but that seems unlikely. I want to have purpose. that too seems unlikely right now. I have no friends, and it is unlikely I will find friends. all this is part of my "way" which I am not sure if I chose or whether it is destiny or even fate. I accept it. it doesnt mean i have to like my circumstances.
As to what to choose, have you looked at my 'me not-me exercise'? http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=53437

I realize this does not directly answer your question but it would give you the knowledge that allows the question to answer itself. By being aware of when you are being yourself, you can naturally gravitate to something that will serve as your path.