View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 12:58 AM
Guide

Visit to a Residential School

Today I went to a residential school in Canada which has since been converted into a museum. We had a museum tour with a guide and then watched an hour long movie and finished with a sharing circle with a residential school survivor telling us his experiences.

My dad went to a residential school and at the end after everyone started to leave I began tearing up. I was really embarrassed and went into the washroom to hide. My friend knows I am sensitive to energy and spirits so she said she wanted to make sure to accompany me to the exhibit because it can be really draining energetically.

I am not one to start crying that often and I feel really embarrassed. Especially because my new boss was there too. The energy did just feel really heavy and I also had a personal connection. I know I shouldn't feel embarrassed for showing emotion but I do.

Around Halloween I also went to a paranormal investigation at a different location and the investigators showed some evidence from this museum/former school which was quite frightening and sad. I had not even considered that maybe I cried because I spent the entire day there and maybe my energy was being effected.