View Single Post
Old 15-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Pathfinder

In my experience, it's definitely possible. My boyfriend has told me that his late wife was unable to wear watches; she would buy a brand-new watch, wear it for a few hours, and it would completely stop working.

I'm unable to keep a computer running for more than 2-3 years, which might sound okay but I know people who have 10-year-old computers that are still in perfect working order. With me, after a couple of years the computers bog down, and no amount of disk cleaning, system restoring, etc. can get them working again--as long as I am the one using them.

However, at one point my desktop computer stopped working entirely--we had blue screen of doom. My husband, who's his workplace tech guru, tried everything he knew, and nothing worked. He took it away from me to see whether he could scavenge anything of it for my younger daughter to use until her birthday, when we planned on buying her a new computer, but as soon as he took my computer downstairs to his work area, it started working perfectly. My daughter was able to use it for three years with no problems. But the one time she asked me to do something on it (I think I was putting in credit card info), the computer froze and she couldn't get it working again until I left the room.