View Single Post
Old 30-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Herr Kommandant

Post Fasting In Commemoration

Hello forum!~

I thought this might be a good place to mention this!~ ♥

In January of 2011 I read Night by Elie Wiesel for the first time. I consumed it within 24 hours and spent the next day just researching like mad! I found out that Holocaust Remembrance day fell on April 19th. So I've made it a spiritual thing to fast on Holocaust Remembrance day every year now!~
I accidentally had the date wrong this year and fasted last week, but I will fast again on April 19th for this reason.
I usually try not to eat a thing, if I do, it s VERY small portion of food usually something that can be a symbolism of what they were fed, however my blood sugar gets low, and if I go hungry I tend to get a bit delusional so all my grandparents and parents had an intervention and made me eat last week.

I will be fasting again on April 19th and I would love if other would do it with me! I had tried to get a group to do it last week and had the event posted for about a year, and even though I sent out reminders, my ex and I were the only ones who remembered.

As far as I know I'm not related to any Holocaust survivors or anyone related to the Holocaust, but my Great Grandfather fought on the American side in WWII, and I also believe there's a past life linked to my connection and yearning for more information about such things. I do this as a recognition to Jews, Holocaust, Poles, POW's and everyone else who was a victim of the Holocaust.

This is what I fast for...

What about you, do you fast?
If so, how do you fast / What do you fast from?
And what do you fast for?

Go into as much detail as you like, I would love to hear about how you deal with fasting.

I usually drink water, and sometimes tea if blood sugar gets low, but I try to fast from everything but water at least. I know some people only fast one meal, or sometimes fast something like internet or TV.....Sooo yes!~ I would love to hear about your fasting experiences and such!~