View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 06:14 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r

You have lot of words that go no where or offer any specifics that are of any significance understanding what specifically you think your "put of body" was or how it is significant in any way.

Lot of word with no significant or relevant information is just alot of beat around "out of body" bush of some experience you had once.
I've actually had several OBE's, enough so to get a raw sense of it's validity and it's unique means as to viewing our current context. I've also been lucid and semi-lucid dreaming since my early teens and have had numerous precognitive dreams that unfolded as envisioned while asleep... among many other things that are less relevant to what your concerns are.

If you're wanting a taste as to how difficult this is to explain read Frank DeMarco's book "Rita's World; A View from the Non-Physical". I've read untold number of channeled material and this one comes the closest to what it is that I've been exposed to.

I'm not going to be able to give you the specifics that you want because you're not having the experiences that I now take for normal. You're mostly focused on what things "look" like from the perspective of a lifetime of assumptions. While I'm being exposed to a much different paradigm, one that illuminates the interconnectiveness of all things, in a tactile and intimately real-time way.

So what do you think happens when someone dies. Are they then shoved into a science class so they'll then know what you do? Do you really feel that your mechanical observations is the dominate language that our friends in the Non-physical are completely obsessed with? Your observations are an adjunct. They are a part of the picture, much the way that a bumper is part of a car. It's an interesting and serviceable component but it's not the whole car itself.

As to my personal interest, which have been driven by these experiences, are considerably more down to earth.

I'm currently reading the following:

The Knowledge Illusion; Why we never think alone by Steven Sloman and Philip Fernbach.
It's a book on the latest science of what is now being studied about the differences between what we-think-we-know as individuals and what we actually do.

Wild Nights: How Taming Sleep Created our Restless World by Benjamin Reiss.
It's a scientific and personal discussion as to how our sleeping patterns have changed over the last hundred years and how they daily affect our current life experience.. comparing today to how we were naturally evolved.

Mindlessness; The Corruption of Mindfulness in a Culture of Narcissism
by Thomas Joiner. The title speaks for itself

And this one I mentioned earlier, Mating in Captivity; Reconciling the Erotic and the Domestic by Esther Perel. This is an amazing book by a 30 year couples therapist as to some to the deeper going-ons within relationships.

With numerous other books along a similar vein, and others that vary wildly. I enjoy reading "functional" insights in relation to observable and conscious living, and in direct relation to our current assumptive habits. These are each functional overviews, zeroing-in and out among reverent habits, exploring specifics in relation to the whole.

If I were to adapt to your manor of thinking I would be isolating myself to a tight pod of definitions that are relative to only those who study such things. I'm a creature who likes to go anywhere and do whatever at any time. I find it helpful and more fluidly satisfying if my interests coincide with such interactive flexibility. I prefer to be grounded in a different way than you do.

And yet I reiterate what I mentioned in my original post to you in this thread, what you're doing is important at the level that you're exploring. We are currently physically based so it's time well-spent studying the nuts and bolts of such things as it appears to us from this physical perspective. I simply would suffocate were I to do so myself. There's plenty of things that I do in the "real world" that I"m sure I could smoke-you-on in terms of physically creating, as you could with me, we each tend to specialize among things that generally suit our fancy. :)