Thread: herbs
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Master

dream jo, I'm in chronic pain every day from just about every part of my body. I have a bottle of oxycodone and I take a pill when I need some relief and I just can't take the pain anymore. A prescription of 40 ten milligram pills will last me approximately 4-6 months. I've taken morphine before but it gives me chronic constipation.

My pain level on a daily basis is anywhere from a 3 (early in the morning) to a 9 (towards the end of my day) and I've found the over the counter herbal pain relievers don't touch it. And then there is my celiac disease which gives me grief also. Seems it doesn't matter much anymore that I eat totally gluten and corn free. When I eat, my gut is in such bad shape I am in pain afterwards for at least a few hours.

I can take one kind, and only one kind of Tylenol that doesn't have corn in it and I take it for minor heartaches but, again, it won't touch the seriousness of my other pains.

Bottom line, I stopped apologizing and feeling guilty for taking opiates for my pain. I get so tired of hearing the news talk about how opiate abuse is on the rise which then puts doctors under the microscope for every prescription they write!

Thankfully I have a doctor that will fill my pain prescription without question as long as I don't ask for it to often.

I am seriously thinking of looking into some medical marijuana for pain relief. Mainly because I can use it more often to control my pain on a daily basis rather than rationing out my oxycodone and taking it only when I have a lot of work to do and know I will be crippled by the afternoon or taking a pill when the pain is so bad.

I have researched and found there are two kinds of marijuana. One is to get high and the other is for pain relief with less of a high. I'd be looking into the second kind. I do hope the mods won't delete this post because I'm talking medical not a recreational reason.

For me anyway, it's all about quality of life. And I have to sit a lot during the day to control the pain my body is dishing out.