View Single Post
Old 17-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etu Malku
I see prayer as a "lost" magical art. It has become rote recitations or simple wish-making.

Prayer originally was a process of concentrated visualization, combined with emotional and mental energy, properly grounded to the physical through proper vocalization.

The spoken Word became in essence praying, this was first understood by the ancient Egyptians in the way of Affirmations and made manifest in (Heka) vibrational magic. Efforts were made to align sound with the principles of a cosmic order (natural ordering of the universe) which perhaps could be seen as a LOGOS, the dialog with that part of your Self that has the ability to create any condition you need or desire.

The invocation within a prayer unites our meditative state of consciousness with the power of the Word and our innate force of Will.

Etu Malku - Thank you for you input on the ancient Egyptians. I was able to due some further research on Heka as a result of your post. I always like learning new things. I have a special affinity to Egypt as I painted an Egyptian Queen that hangs in my home. Like what you said about our meditative state of consciousness uniting with the power of the Word and our innate force of Will.

Blackraven