Thread: "Not Spiritual"
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 08:28 AM
Master
If it is taken that way, minds do not matter but neither does the heart. If I had to be a slave to emotion or intellect, I choose intellect - but why be a 'slave' you say? because it seems that most people are.

However, if viewed logically (I view all my emotions logically, unfortunately) each of us have our own 'fragile emotional archilles heel' I guess...each has a trigger or switch, like you previously said. For some, it is having others say 'the hopeless cannot be helped' while for others it is 'why u no see the God within eh?' and make infy posts about it. lol

One, it is a total invalidation of feelings...the other is a total validation of them.

Like you had to learn logic, I had to learn emotion...if emotional responses can be 'learned' in any way....I still struggle with sympathy and sarcasm...often the two can be intertwined on any given day...

However, if there was one good thing my ex ever said to me was; 'the problem with you is you think way too much'.

Now, of course I can slow it all down through meditation...but when meditation is over, I go back to 'thinking too much' lol

Of course I can gaze at an object and lose thought, but when I snap out of trance, I go back to 'thinking too much'.

Is there a way not to think about anything at all whatsoever whilst interacting with the 'real world'? because this is the only way I can see myself letting it go and accepting it. Thank you.