Thread: "Not Spiritual"
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 07:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
So, what I am getting now, is this is just another one of those 'autism things', really (any emotion I do not grok goes into that basket).

Another thing I can chalk down to 'being on the spectrum' because empathy is a difficult thing for me to fathom, even though a person can say "I am lonely" and I say, 'yeah, I know how you feel, because I am lonely too' when in fact, the loneliness I feel could/most likely is different from the loneliness they feel, so you are right, it's all about noticing these qualities within oneself, which would be no different if another person felt it or not.

Yes I understand empathy would be difficult for some on the "spectrum". So for you the information requires a bigger picture to use your logical mind to set things up. I use my feeling mode and empathy to set things up. This is just me. I feel that deep that peace and compassion and empathy naturally arise in place of my issues. Just by being aware how others are relating can help you understand their "way". It might appear very foreign to you and the way you see things, but just by being aware and listening deeper asking questions rather than saying you will build deeper connection and awareness of others.

Quote:
All it really boils down to I guess, is that I cannot deal with emotionally fragile people and this has been the biggest lesson for me in the past few days...to leave it for others who can provide words of comfort and platitude because the other person asks for constructive 'help' but all they want is an 'online hug' as much 'comfort' as that honestly provides one...

This speaks volumes about you and your ability to connect with others if this is the case. You perhaps just need to go in more aware of how others are in this way. I am an empowered sensitive and I haven't gained this space by being strong, I gained this by being as weak and emotionally vulnerable as I could to let go deeper to rise up stronger.

Listening deeper is easier if you understand and have embraced the space yourself. If you haven't and have ideas about the issue, you may just get yourself into trouble with others who cannot read you and your ability.

Being aware of your inability and others inabilities could well be enough. We are all so unique in our pain bodies. Just because I feel their pain and have my reasons, they feel theirs and have their own reasons. So triggers will be different, reasons will be different. It can get very complex.

I was taught, if it strikes, be open and be vulnerable, seek to know more of that space your challenged in. Ask questions, why do you feel that way. What have I triggered in you? Things like that. If people are willing and open they will share. If not they wont.

Your questions speak before your thoughts about why they shouldn't be in that space or feeling that. By setting others up under your view, you will continue to attract those people to show you how your viewing the whole situation long before words are spoken. Move slower and ask more questions even if your mind knows best..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder