View Single Post
Old 30-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Assuming your in the US, I have never heard of someone getting denied skilled employment because they are too skinny, quite the contrary. I have a back ground in HR management and I never heard or studied of someone being denied employment because of 'under weight' in particular. Gender and racial profiling are the two areas that have the greatest impact on employers both legally and financially.

It could be your interviewing skills, resume and the way you carry yourself. I'd focus and work on those attributes. It's such a competitive job market, you really have to show your interested and determined, write back formal thank you notes and letters for even having an interview.Lots of butt kissing basically. =/

It is my personal experience working in office settings than men are a lot easier to work with. That is just my personal opinion. : )

Currently I can't get around very well, I can't afford a car or the insurance the pay it at the moment. So I have to get around with a bike, with makes my options limited so I have to go through staffing agencies. They made it quite clear that they reserve jobs for more skilled and HR based things for women due to complaints of labor work being to hard for them and have forced me into labor fields as a response. I've tried looking for work in area around me but it has been difficult, I might try to just butt-kiss more but I honestly thought it was fine as my resumes are supposedly great from many employers' perspectives and I always do call-in's when I send a resume as well.

But honestly it just seems like things are getting to that point of no return, I keep popping tires on my bikes-the bus schedules don't line up with my jobs which is causing problems and most of them are too far to walk to. I feel like just giving up, honestly life just isn't worth these kinds of struggles and I'm done with this.