View Single Post
Old 15-08-2006, 01:30 PM
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
The problem isn't with Lord krishna not seeing "himself" as a religion, but rather that many people do see him as the head of a religion. And in many ways, I feel that any belief system based on the teachings/theory of one person/group is in fact a religion, no matter if they call their belief system religion or not. Religion narrows your focus. At least for me, spirituality has broadened my focus.

John

Hi John,

that's totally right, Lord Krishna does not see himself as a religion, that is why he advises that if one is to know him in his heart (s)he must get past thinking in terms of religious doctrine.

Kundalini, you are surrendering to yourSELF when you surrender. It is not a quitting but an embracing. Tell me how much effort would you make if you were God? You might act but would you make any effort in this action? So what stops you from being God, surrender, follow your heart and trust that you will always be provided for because you are God - not so easy to do, it requires a surrender one that is the most difficult to achieve because it requires total confidence in your SELF.