View Single Post
Old 16-10-2006, 07:25 AM
rose

thankyou pounamu great post.

i have always had a strange, irrational fear of being famous. for as long as i can remember. even "small town" fame. i have always felt uncomfortable being in a job or town where i get known as the "girl who works there" etc. i have always felt the need to be honest about who i really am. going so far as to put myself down to people when i meet them so they don't put me on an unfair pedestal which i will no doubt fall off. luckily i have grown out of this self-harm and overcome the fear of people being disappointed in me. but i i can't imagine why people would follow fame. if i see a tv camera i run.

this irrational fear and odd empathy with celebrities who bemoan the fact that they have no privacy (no one else i know has any sympathy for them...i don't have sympathy as such....they have put themselves up for that lesson....but i do sort of empathise and understand) is odd to me. but makes me wonder if i had a bad experience with fame in a past life.

most likely. who doesn't have bad experiences when they find fame? and of all the millions of people through history that experienced fame, i'm sure many of us have experienced this lesson as part of our soul's progression.

Last edited by rose : 16-10-2006 at 07:32 AM.