View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Neville

Hello Athymari.

I very much appreciate your question..The culprit,,,Prime Suspect Numero Uno is always imagination.

One example.

I often think of Books are a bit like that... Middle Earth, the product of imagination was real and envisaged in the Minds eye of Tolkein.. The landscapes were set before us on the page so that in our minds we might occupy Middle Earth and witness the sights sounds and smells of the environment.

Another example... Meditation visions. They seem real enough but are possibly also the product of one's imagination.

I could go on.... Mediums...Are those Spirit voices in their heads..Imagination? It could be argued that it might kind of imagining.

Musical compositions...definately imagination...Inspired probably....but ultimatey imagined.

Imagination deserves,in my opinion, its place as being an attribute rather than a culprit. But don't take my word for it.

I am often drawn to one of my favourite quotes, which I feel shows imagination in it's true light.

"Thoughts have a higher dwelling place than the visible world, and its skies are not clouded by sensuality. Imagination finds a road to the realm of the gods, and there man can glimpse that which is to be after the souls' liberation from the world of substance."

Kahlil Gibran, 1883-1930

Which brings me nicely to an old thread of mine entitled.

Is your Imagination real ?

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17582