View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 02:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
sigh.... lots of antagonism.... sigh.... sometimes I wish I weren't so stubborn that I just can't give up....

I've read parts of your story, but not sure how you got into it either. Do you wanna share?

Sure ok. I was born with a longing to know God. I had a lot of spiritual experiences as a child - but then they just stopped when I hit puberty. Then when my first child was born they started coming back but in different ways. And I wanted to learn how to meditate and read everything I could, went from one spiritual group to another until I met the one who would become my Spiritual Teacher for life - Sri Vasudeva who I have written about a lot (see below my sig) - that was 22 years ago and my spiritual growth has just accelerated since then. It's not about books anymore but about going deeper within, and trying to be in meditation 24/7 as I meet with life from a spiritual space. Now I'm at a different stage and the challenges are different, at times really tough, but the gifts are sweeter and the blessings in my life have been tremendous. What can I say? It's been a magical ride and it can only get better. That's my story in a nutshell.