View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 02:02 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windbreeze
Hi, I asked this for my friend. She has PTSD after being in a long marriage with narcissistic husband and not long ago they divorced. She says that all that she was is now destroyed and she wants to take her life. She thinks the damage is irreparable. Her dad also passed away and she suffered psychosis and was in psych ward. Everything happened kind of at the same time and is too much to take according to her. I learned that many victims of narcissists take their lives but there are survivors too. But it takes years to heal from the damage done and takes a lot of efforts. She does not think it is worth it and says it is easier to die because death solves all of the problems.

Thanks for sharing.
She is very lucky to have you, a very caring and loving friend.

Let her know that she is not a victim anymore, as she is now a survivor.
The lessons that she had learned from the journey will make her stronger and will be able to help others.

The love that she lost or never received are insignificant, as the love that is within her is the guiding light and fuel for her journey.
So, help her to realize and feel the immense unconditional love within her, that can never be taken away.