Thread: Breatharianism
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2018, 12:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
How can you tell he didn't eat and drink, were you observing him 24/7 for three weeks? I'm sure you had a good time, but come on!

And you're right, it isn't necessarily a sign of spirituality.. I would even say it's not a sign at all! To keep the body healthy is necessary for spiritual growth. You can't focus or be at peace or improve yourself if you're starving or dehydrated!!!

You are absolutely correct that I was not able to observe the non-eating yogi 24/7 while I was at the Khumba Mela for three weeks....nor did I want to make that the objective of my stay there.

I watched him at the bandaras (the feasts) where he did not partake of the food and drink. I would wander by his tent on the shores of the Ganges on some nights (not every night) where he would be either teaching or sleeping on the floor with a tent full of devotees. I never saw him eat. His disciples said that they had never seen him eat. Other sages confirmed that he didn't eat or drink.

Could I have been deceived even with so many confirmations? Absolutely.

That's why I included the link to Paramahansa Yogananda's story about the yogini who hadn't eaten or drunk for decades. That yogini's experience would better suit your understandably demanding questions.

https://www.crystalclarity.com/yogananda/chapter-46/