View Single Post
Old 14-08-2019, 04:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
I will keep affirming that this person can at some point come to grips with the reality that they have developed a particularly complex and rare disorder and it has affected their entire lives. I am trying to explain face on so maybe they will get it someday.

I do care very much about them. But this denial thing is extremely self and OTHER-destructive of theirs. I could have ended up a victim in a dangerous way if I didn't keep working on distancing myself from them frequently.
I am sorry to hear about your experiences with this person.

Only a qualified mental health practitioner can make the diagnosis of a Mental Illness, despite how that person is behaving and they know this too.

If this person has already been diagnosed as such, only those who have received training in the mental health care field have the necessary skillset to work with such afflicted individuals.

I don't know what it is like in other countries except for Australia, but in Australia, we have a group called ARAFMI - Association of Relatives And Friends of the Mentally Ill.

Perhaps there are similar resources in your country?

However, as Miss H has stated, it is best to approach the primary caregivers of your friend to see if you can offer assistance.

They may tell you that the most caring and compassionate thing you can do for them is just walk away, but include them in your prayers nonetheless.