View Single Post
Old 27-06-2019, 06:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
That is an incredibly ridiculous and pretentious thing to say - do some Bible reading!? You must be kidding. I read the Bible every day. I've been through each book of the Bible many times, reading both for enjoyment and study. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that there is no room for reincarnation in the Biblical worldview.

False to you but not to some? What? We are talking about historical facts, not subjective opinions. Either Reincarnation was a part of the early Judeo-Christian worldview or it wasn't. Either there are facts to support this idea or there aren't. All I need is one verse to prove you wrong:

Hebrews 9:27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment.

One of many verses suggestive of Reincarnation.....

' All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. IF THEY HAD BEEN THINKING OF THE COUNTRY THEY HAD LEFT, THEY WOULD HAVE HAD OPPORTUNITY TO RETURN. Instead they were longing for a better country — a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them. (Heb 11:13–16) '