View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 03:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Thank you Jim, but I guess this is the whole delineation between the 'new age gurus' and the 'old gurus'.
While you are busy studying all of those teachers, I study Patanjali, Swami Svatmarama, Adi Shankaracharya and others.
So, again, it all goes back to 'individual bent'.
I agree with you there and I've not met a single "new" guru who says that one system is BETTER than another. What they will say is that practices and methods are NOT NECESSARY but none of them say, "Don't do such and such."

Quote:
If everybody has already realised they have achieved Samadhi and are ALREADY in that state from noble actions (possibly meditation) from a previous birth, then there is no need for any spiritual practice because they are already there.

The new teachers would say that "everybody" (whoever that is?) is already "there" (wherever that is?) - always were and always will be - thus no need to "practice", BUT some of us don't know that so we become "Seekers" who then go to find out that we always were and always will be the Infinite Source or whatever it's called. There is no requirement that a Seeker do or not do such and such.

Quote:
But what of those people who do not realise it? who are not there? who cannot see it? what of them?
They, as the Infinite Supreme, just go on seeking or not seeking!

Quote:
No amount of saying 'you are that' is going to make them magically or miraculously realise it for themselves.
Pointers are not meant to "miraculously" do anything! Pointers are simply offerings for whoever can use or grasp them. No demands or PROMISES!

Quote:
Some people require sadhana (spiritual practice) and some people do not.
And so there are many pointers and systems for those who need or want them - or not. Ramana Maharshi made it clear that all of the scriptures and teachings were meant to WORK FOR a wide assortment of temperaments and Seekers.

Quote:
Never an agreement will be reached or never the twain shall meet.
No need for an agreement! To each his own. There is no "twain" - just Infinite Oneness appearing as: "twain".

Quote:
I put my faith in those who started the whole thing off.
Cool!

Quote:
Jim = NEO Advaitin
Necro = Advaita Vedantin
Two entirely different schools of thought.
LOL, different yet EQUAL!