Thread: Krishna
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 10:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
Not sure if Prabhupada did care in such a way, he was just answering questions.

Which interpretation does one point to? If someone does not know much about philosophy they go to a bona fide teacher, one who can explain the texts to them, a trusted teacher.

You seem to analyse and think in a simmilar way to myself, the difference being is that I have come to a conclusion that Prabhupada is the real deal, for this day and age at any rate, of course there have been others down the ages, can you point to a better present day one? Someone who has lived impeccably by the regulations, someone who has immersed more of their time in translation of the scripts? No other person has given such a sacrifice.
Many from the Divine Life Society in Rishikesh have given of their time in service and translation of the Holy scriptures...Swami Shivananda, Swami Chidananda, Swami Krishnananda etc just to name a few.

There's also Sri Aurobindo and others.

Put it this way, if Prabhupada 'works for you' and he is your guru, that's cool for you! You have found what it is you think/believe you need, but Prabhupada isn't for everyone...not even me.

We'll do this exercise, for example...you obviously worship Lord Krishna, whilst I worship Lord Shiva...so now we'll do a hypothetical...

You may say "forget loving Lord Shiva and love Lord Krishna instead"...now for me to 'forget loving Lord Shiva' would be like the sun forgetting how to rise...I'm not even able to 'control' what I feel for Shiva so how on earth can I stop loving that which I love unconditionally and with every cell of my being?...I mean, ask Him to stop loving me and see what happens!

It is exactly the same with me and Gurus...I either resonate and accept or I do not and I have no conscious say over the matter because it is a 'past-life thing'.