View Single Post
Old 30-07-2011, 04:23 PM
callofthebird

Going home to my mother

My mother passed away 3 year 5 months and 1 week ago. It was a sudden death whilst she was visiting our relatives (where she was born and raised). She wanted to die there on our land, and she got her wish. I was not with her at that time but she was with my father and some of my siblings. I was born in Europe and have lived most of my life here, but my mother had her identity so ingrained with our anscetral land. Apparently, she knew she was going to die, she left subtle instructions and walked around the outer limits of our house, like she was saying goodbye. She cooked lots of food the night before, saying that it might help. She talked way past her usual bedtime. Her death was instant. My sister and brother tried CPR and everything thing they knew, to no avail. My mother was a remarkably kind woman, and I am proud of her. She never went to school, but she learnt from my father after they were married. She encouraged all my siblings and myself to learn and keep on learning. I have done so and I am still doing so. I never want to stop. There was something strange, my mum spoke to birds a lot. They come to me too. Apparently, there were lots of birds that turned up to her funeral. Lots of people (over 1500) attended her funeral, many of them were strangers, but it turned out that she had helped them. My mum was a very beautiful person and she made people feel special about themselves. I saw her in my dreams continually until last year, and she told me I had another path. I sort of know what it is. I feel that I am far away from home, the real home is where my mother is. Will I see my mother when I die? I know that I am not worthy to stand in front of my mother, she was incredibly noble and kind. I am only a shadow of her. I feel sad that I can't see her in my dreams, even how much I try. I work hard and I am trying to make a difference by doing my research in something constructive (I am unable to say what I do, because I feel that some people may turn away, with the mention of sciences). I don't feel an affinity towards chakra or astral planes (no offence meant), I respect all religions. I feel that there are different ways of approaching spirituality and its different than religion. Will I see my mother when I die? Is there anyway I can? I am not sure when I will die, but what matters is that I am trying to live the best way I can. Any suggestions will be helpful. I am a bit worried that I don't feel her around me as I used to and I haven't dreamt about her for many months.