View Single Post
Old 29-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
According to my studies, the mind is still part of the ego and any 'balance' is still part of the duality, because it must have equal proportions attributed on either side of the equation.

In fact, I am a huge Nikola Tesla fan and as well as frequency and vibration, there also must be energy...these three things will help you understand the nature of the universe, but 'understanding' something and 'realising Oneness' are two different things.

To realise Oneness, is to understand that nothing exists which is not Oneness.

When I use the word Oneness it is not meant to indicate some sort of entity but rather that despite the very convincing appearance of difference, All is in reality, One. So despite being singular is also the totality of difference we call duality. Does this clear up the matter of whether it exists or not from your knowledge?

You also make the distinction between Western and Eastern, between Yourself and Other, between Mind and Body and between TA and NA...nearly every concept is an exposition on duality, when you follow a Non-dual philosophy. This is a contradiction.

To a true Advaitin, even 'Brahman' or 'Oneness' doesn't exist because the mind cannot go there and no words can describe what it IS, which means it's beyond the mental scope of language to translate it into a concept even for another to be able to understand it through their mind.

According to my beliefs/studies, the human being is made up of five sheaths...the physical body (annamaya kosha), the mind/mental sphere (manomaya kosha) the etheric sheath/astral body (pranamaya kosha), the intuitive and empathetic sheath (Vijnamaya kosha) and the bliss sheath (anadamaya kosha)...in the centre of all, is Atman or Brahman...here's an article on it:

http://www.intuitiveflow.com/the-fiv...-pancha-kosha/

The mental sheath is totally separate from Atman/Brahman and the nature of Brahman (Atman) and the nature of Paramatman (that which is beyond the 5 sheaths) can only be experienced through the anadamaya kosha or the 'bliss sheath' and not through the manomaya kosha or the mind/mental sheath...this is why I say what I do about it.

When I use the term "Oneness" I am not referring to some sort of entity but rather that despite the very convincing appearance of difference, All is One. Meaning Oneness is the only reality and all else is the appearance of difference where there is no difference whatsoever.

Yes indeed I am talking about duality when I use the words "manifestation" and "balance" so is there anything from your studies which refers to a mechanism that is present in duality which balances duality? I would be interested to know if there is any reference to this sort of thing from your studies.

Concerning what you call the mental sheath. Again from your studies is there anything else real, other than Oneness/Brahman, available to manifest as the mental sheath? If so what is that?