Thread: Breatharianism
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2018, 01:56 PM
Master
Woman hasn't eaten or drank for 50 years - Yogananda

Quote:
Originally Posted by doniks
I believe some if not most people of this site have already heard about fasting and It's benefits, but have you guys heard of breatharianism? It is basicaly a beliefe or ability for one to go without food or water and be sustained only by prana for extended periods of time and maybe even indefinitly, just imagine the possibilities if one did not need to eat or drink to sustain their bodies. Just search for breatharianism and you will find some interesting information about the topic

In Paramahansa Yogananda's book, Autobiography of a Yogi, he dedicates a chapter to a woman who reportedly hasn't eaten or drunk anything for five decades. Here's the link.

https://www.crystalclarity.com/yogananda/chapter-46/

In addition, when I was at the Khumba Mela in Haridwar in 1998, I personally saw a yogi who reportedly hadn't eaten or drunk in years. However, since I was only there for three weeks, I could only verify that I hadn't seen him eat or drink during that period. I met him personally and , through an interpreter, he indicated that he lived on "prana". (The article says: “Your nourishment derives from the finer energies of the air and sunlight, and from the cosmic power which recharges your body through the medulla oblongata.” This is somewhat consistent with what the yogi told me.)

I do not think that non-eating is necessarily a sign of being spiritual, but it is nonetheless a very fascinating phenomenon.