Thread: What am I???
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2020, 04:18 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angnix
......... Usually other people diagnosed with borderline are cutters or were abused, etc... And I don't fall into that category and don't relate. I had delusions the few times I was psychotic so I don't relate to people who hear voices, etc... I had severe meltdowns as a kid almost everyday and I haven't found any one else as an adult who really went through that as a child. I'm lonely basically.

Old post, I know, but Angnix, if you read this, please know you have basically described my daughter.
She too as a youngster had the most awful meltdowns. I was told she was spoilt, mollycoddled, didn't understand the word 'no'. As a teen, she was dismissed as 'hormonal' and the meltdowns got worse.
By 20 she was in her first psychotic break and diagnosed with bipolar 1 and BPD.
She says she doesn't hear voices but feels indestructible, displays grandiose behaviour and wow.......no filter at all. She's also not a cutter and did not suffer abuse, apparently there can be a genetic link (my kids' father went on to be diagnosed with both of these MH issues).
Please don't feel you are alone. Every person with bipolar and/or BPD has a different experience with it. My other daughter is also bipolar and her lived experience is very different.