View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Pathfinder

I'm done with playing the victim and giving my power away. I'm not letting anyone jerk my emotions around any longer. I've set my boundaries, and I'm sticking to them. I don't care how deeply I feel for someone. If they treat me with disrespect, then I can't have them in my life. It took me forever to realize that I don't need to take that, no matter much love I feel for someone. I'm all I need. I am more than enough. I'm Love itself. So why do I need someone else to prove that?

Of course part of me is still holding on. I don't disregard that part. It signals that there is more work to be done. It points out my blind spots. For that I'm grateful. It's also that I haven't gotten any closure either. After today, I realize I have to find my own closure without her. It doesn't matter what she has to say, I have to allow myself to close that door on my own and only for myself.

There is no shame in holding on if you aren't ready to let go. If you push yourself to that point you'll only further your pain, and deny yourself the chance to move on when you're ready. Feeling your way through is the only way to find acceptance and peace. Emotions are far too powerful to ignore for too long.