View Single Post
Old 20-12-2018, 06:08 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Viskey
On the subject matter : "time in the afterlife"

For as far as this thread has gone making reference to chronological time, I'm a bit surprised that no one has referenced "kairos". So I guess that I will make this contribution :

Wikipedia defines kairos as an ancient Greek word meaning the right or opportune moment (the supreme moment).

In biblical references, kairos is also referred to as "God's time".
(In the New Testament kairos means "the appointed time in the purpose of God", the time when God acts ~ e.g. Mark 1.15, the kairos is fulfilled).

While chronological time; i.e.: "sequential" time has to be interpreted in a "quantitative" way, kairos actually is more accurately referenced as "qualitative".

Now, when the reader realizes that our normal standard of time has to do with : "having enough of it", "how much of it does it take", "where it starts from" , or, where "it ends" (for any given event that we associate it to), by comparison, kairotic "time" has more to do with intensities of sensation.

In contemplating this, the reader may begin to comprehend how kairos relates to those who dwell in the "subtle dimensions" of reality. They haven't a need for linearity when existing within an "eternal now" (even as we do, but we can't grasp all of the abstractions of the concept) - their existence has more to do with intensities and how well they can "project" to us during "spirit to flesh" communications & visa-versa).

I have formulated a hypothesis on how all of us (including incarnate & disincarnate alike), are interconnected within the infinite realm that encompasses all of reality (both subtle & conspicuous) - it has practically been a life time work for me - and have included considerations for how we relate to chronos or kairos in any given expression. The reader might be amused, intrigued , or even appalled at how I address the topic - but I do invite you all to see my short essay on the matter of kairos and chronos at this link :

https://heaventology.weebly.com/part...s--kronos.html

Just read it with the understanding that it is a concept - like virtually every other human being must work with in our symbol oriented existence. It might enlighten you.

... or, it might just be a waste of "time". You decide.
It still seems linearity is needed, if anything is to be accomplished. Even if one is able to split one's attention to do multiple things at once, there must be that which you are doing now, and what that now transforms into on the sequence of now events.
For there to be evolution or results, or anything of any kind, there must be a sequence of action->consequence events and memory. That allows for meaning. Without that linear sequence, you have nothing.
I think when people talk to time not existing in an afterlife, they are simply referring to, perhaps, our understanding expanding to the obvious: that past and future are always illusions, and free will can only ever act in the eternal now. It might just be much more obvious "over there", without the many obvious cyclical events and the idea of beginning-end which we have on our material reality.