View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Experiencer
Book1 What are your thoughts on pets and the afterlife?

Just recently, on 1-11-11, I had to make the painful decision to end my best friends life. She had been the most wonderful cat that you can imagine, and she came into my life around 10 years ago, during its lowest point.

I was there the day she was born, and I was there as she took her last breath and her heart stopped at 5:43pm and 21 seconds. I had looked at my watch when the vet told me that she was now gone. She had feline leukemia and was suffering. They said that there was nothing they could do for her and that she would only get worse. It was the worst day of my life.

I know some would say that it is just an animal, and I have lost pets before, but nothing compares to this for me. At the time she was born, I was very depressed and battling thought of suicide. She somehow could see my pain and formed a bond with me that is hard to explain. Her unconditional love is what helped me to heal and turn my life around. She literally saved my life, and became my best friend and companion.

I'd like to think that she is in a better place, and that I'll see her again, but I just don't know what to think. It's been 3 weeks and I still get emotional and teary-eyed when I think of her. I have not have any dreams of her yet, nor any signs from her that I noticed. I also have had experiences in the past with spirits of people who have passed, but nothing concerning animals. I would appreciate any thoughts anyone here might have on pets and what happens when they pass over. Thank you.