View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 03:52 AM
Experiencer
Last night I had my first episode of lucid dreaming in many, many years. It always involves flying. I was going to make a post about it but decided to comment here instead since you and I are journeying along the same path.

In my dream I distinctly remember seeing things that looked like something out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. In the streets of some city I dreamed up. Well, I suddenly said to myself in the dream "oh, yes, I see I'm dreaming. So now I'm going to fly!"

I looked around casually at people around me in that street and just took off flying. But the problem is I never get as high off the ground as I would like. I take off and start floating but then I wake up right after. As if I were afraid of falling? Reminds me of that scene in the Matrix when Morpheus asks Neo if he can really get hurt in the Matrix. Like... I could fly fly away in my dreams but I don't? Not yet? Interesting....

I also encountered a yellow/gray talking bird in my dream. I guess this is more along the lines of dream symbolism and interpretation but... the bird was speaking so fast and I was trying desperately to retain and commit to memory everything it was saying because it was speaking the deepest spiritual truths I've ever heard! I remember consciously trying to make an effort to at least try and remenber a special phrase it kept repeating. But no luck. When I woke up I could remember anything except that the bird spoke of profound truths.

Sighs...

I hope to get better at lucid dreaming with time. And also remembering messages that are given to me by cute and wise little birds :)