Thread: Beer
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Knower

Beer

Re: beer-drinking in moderation...

As much as I enjoy its taste, I’ve often refrained from imbibing this delectable libation. At times it has taken self-control on my part not to partake of the brewsky. I drink enough water, juice, espresso, soda, java, cuppa, and vino as it is that sometimes I want a change. In these moments, as much as I’d like to rehydrate via the suds, that’s when my gizzard takes to protesting: Abstain from that evil brew! it exclaims. It’s hell on your six-pack!

My abdominal conscience has a point. At least in my own case. I wonder if it is the same for others? Why is it that some guys can drink beer and it never gives them wattles or a paunch? Me, whenever I would drink one or two a week I found it made me feel bloated and I would start looking a wee puffy. So I would give it up, only to every now and again crave a cold one, especially in the summer months.

Whereas for others, if not the majority of moderate beer drinkers, the beverage seems to have no ill effect on their washboard abs or waistlines. This, I think is highly unfair.

Wish I could drink it, but let’s just say I can’t stomach the stuff and prefer instead to keep my rather flattish belly. There’s nothing more unsightly in a man than a pot. I often wonder how it is that men who have these protuberances manage to show themselves in public without feeling any shame or embarrassment in their letting it all hang out. They’ve got guts for being able to do so.

Friends who are into nutrition explain to me that a glass of wine has the same amount of calories as does a bottle of beer. This may be true, but the merlot doesn’t give a person a wine belly.

The mystery remains.