View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 10:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
I think I am learning the concept of self care. Big topic for me as I progress in my healing journey. Having been groomed to meet other people's needs, while not being heard or seen, so now learning to put myself before all else requires quite a shift, and part of it is a shift in relationships with humans, money, job, the larger environment in general.

Interesting to hear about your family member's struggle for balance. Ultimately, it is something internal that we have to address when we try to manage our relationship with the external environment.

Yes I understand and its a common theme amongst those who are over giving and not use to putting themselves first. The grooming is often deeply ingrained and takes a lot of undoing through all streams of your life affected. I know from experience the shift into self care and self first, can be quite difficult, but when you understand your own personal needs as the person you are, it gets easier. Balance in all areas of one's life, comes into the whole picture.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder