View Single Post
Old 13-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Aradia was composed by a American folklorist Charles Leland that was published in 1899.
Its accuracy is disputed by many Witches and no it is not our bible.
He was what I believe to be the foundation of Gardenarians, He claimed Witches as "good" and "noble" followers of the goddess Diana. He even spoke about English Gypsies aka Travellers. I am a Gypsy and I can assure you that his claims are un true and very unsettling to the Gypsy and Witches.
About the only truth in that book is when he states witches dont worship satan. He was also trying to draw a comparison between Witchcraft and Christianity. That confuses me to no end because Witch does not include a deity. Many Witches have personal beliefs in a deity but those are there own and not of the Craft itself.
I personally respect all religions and imo would find it sacrilegious to tear away at something as personal as a belief system and try to make it fit with my personal beliefs. But thats me and thank you Syb for your patients on my questioning and openess to share yours with me.
We all see things in different ways. I am just asking from my own personal view points.

Hey Occultist, wow I honestly didn't think the book was that old!!! I guess I thought it was the Witches bible because the (online) source that I saw it in said so... Sigh... Internet...